Standard Practice for Installation of a Single-Sized, Cured-In-Place Liner Utilizing an Inflatable Bladder for Resurfacing Manhole Walls of Various Shapes and Sizes
Significance and Use
Purchase the full version of this standard by visiting the ASTM website here.
This practice is for use by designers and specifiers, regulatory agencies, owners, and inspection organizations who are involved in the rehabilitation of manholes ranging from 24 in. (0.61 m) and larger in diameter without excavation through the use of a resin-impregnated tube installed within an existing manhole. As for any practice, modifications may be required for specific job conditions.
The CIPMH liner is suitable for circular and noncircular manholes with varying diameters along the depth of the manhole.
The design engineer shall determine the CIPMH liner requirement to withstand external loads.
- This practice covers requirements for the cured-in-place rehabilitation of manholes without excavation, utilizing an inflatable bladder, and not limited to sanitary sewer manholes.
- The values stated in inch-pound units are to be regarded as standard. The values given in parentheses are mathematical conversions to SI units that are provided for information only and are not considered standard.
- There is no similar or equivalent ISO standard.
- This standard does not purport to address all of the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use. Particular attention is drawn to those safety regulations and requirements involving entering into and working in confined spaces.
2.1 ASTM Standards:
- D543 Practices for Evaluating the Resistance of Plastics to Chemical Reagents
- D1600 Terminology for Abbreviated Terms Relating to Plastics
- F412 Terminology Relating to Plastic Piping Systems
Ambient cure; CIPMH (cured-in-place manhole); continuous; dry spots; inflation bladder; manhole liner; resurface
DOI: 10.1520/ F3033-16
For a copy of the ASTM F3033 Standard please visit www.astm.org.